The U of A MultiStore is a multi-tenant e-Commerce PaaS for the University of Alberta. It furthers the VPIT goal of unified U of A e-Commerce platform by centralizing product sales and offerings into one MySQL database.
- Detailed permission structure allows for a departure from hierarchical structures. Any configuration of customer, users and stores is possible.
- Single database allows a product to appear on multiple stores with just a single click.
- Templated front end allows for a large amount of visual customization.
- Opencart has a thriving extensions market, cutting development cost and ultimately end user cost.
- Maintenance is minimal as this is a single system-single database solution. One system to maintain.
- Store owner administration reduces IST's support requirements.
- Multiple shipping and payment module integrations are possible.
- Fully PCI compliant. Third party pay pages and https encryption ensures the U of A will never process credit cards on site or with U of A hardware.
- Code is barebones PHP, allowing for code level testing.
- All of the typical store functions are available, like returns, customer feedback, currency options, shipping options, etc.
- Detailed product options are available.
- SEO optimization.
- Opencart base install feature list.
New Store Application Form
The application for a new store can be found here. Fill out the first part of this form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be "MultiStore New Store".