Click the link below to go to the official OpenCart documentation.
OpenCart Quick Start User Guide for New Clients
Logging in and Viewing your Dashboard
- Login to the admin panel with your credentials provided by App Hosting.
- On the Dashboard you can see there are three main panels:
- Top panel provides an overview of your store's sales.
- The bottom panel lists the last 10 orders made to your store.
Creating a Menu Item for your Store - Categories
- In the admin panel select Catalog > Categories. Select the Insert button.
- Fill out the form under the General Tab to create your new Menu Item (Category). Category Name is the only required field for this Tab.
- Under the Data Tab ensure that your store is selected in the Stores section.
- Next select where in the menu you would like this menu item (Category) to be located:
- If you want this menu item to be displayed on the main menu, select the Top checkbox.
- If you want this menu item to be a child of another menu item, select one of the existing categories from the Parent Category drop-down.
- Ensure that the Status is set to Enabled.
- Click Save. Your new Menu Item can now be viewed in your Store Front.
Creating a Product
- Select Catalog > Product. Select the Insert button. *You must have a category created before you can create a product.
- Under the General Tab fill in your product information. The Product Name is the only required field in this Tab.
- Under the Data Tab fill in any additional information about your product. Model Number is the only required field on this Tab.
- Ensure that you add the correct price in the Price text box.
- Add the quantity you have in stock in the Quantity text box. If you have a product that has an unlimited quantity you can put any number here that is greater than 0 and select No from the Subtract Stock option. The quantity must be greater than 0 to appear in your store.
- If your product does not require shipping, select No.
- Under Image you can upload an image of your product to your store's image folder.
- Select the date you would like to start selling your product (date available) and the date you would like to stop selling your product (date unavailable).
- Ensure Status is set to Enabled.
- Under the Links Tab you will select which menu item (category) your product will be located under. Ensure that your store is selected in the Stores section.
- Click Save. Your product will now be available in your store for your clients to purchase.
Creating a Product Option Sample Tutorial
- From the admin panel select Catalog > Options. Select the Insert button.
- For the name of the option we will enter 'Color'.
- From the Type drop down we will select Radio Button.
- We will now add colors to the Color option by selecting the Add Option Value button.
- In the Option Value Name text box we will enter 'Red'.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 three more times to add new colors, Purple, Green, and Blue.
- Click Save.
- Now to add the option to a product go to Catalog > Product. Select your product from the list.
- Click on the Option Tab.
- In the empty text box type the name of your new option. In this example it was Color. As you type an autocomplete list of options should appear below the text box, select Color.
- In the right panel select Yes or No for the Required option. If the option is required the user must select one of the options before being allowed to add the product to their shopping cart.
- For this example we will say that our product comes in two colors: Blue and Red. Click the Add Option Value button.
- From the Option Value drop-down select Blue. For the Quantity we will say the 50 of our total product quantity are blue. Blue is in more demand so we will say that the Price to add onto the base price of the product will be $5.00.
- Repeat step 13 for the color Red but leave price at 0 or blank.
- Now Click Save. The product will now have a radio list of options to select from on the Store Front.
About Existing Custom Options
- Conference Option: This option was added to MultiStore to allow stores to sell conferences as a product. This includes a custom visual scheduler that will appear on the product page as users select or deselect sessions.
- Important Information Option: Allows stores to add un-editable information to a text box that will be included on the customer's receipt.
- Receipt Information Option: Allows stores to add information to a product that will only appear on the customer's receipt but not on the product page.
How to Create a Course/Workshop Product that is offered on Multiple Dates
- Navigate to Catalog > Options in the admin panel. Select the Insert button.
- Give a Name to your option with a Type of Select. Create several generic list values (ABC or 123). Also set your Sort Order. Click Save. This option can now be reused by all your products that require a selection from a list of dates.
- Navigate to Catalog > Product in the admin panel. Select the Insert button.
- After filling out all the General, Data, and Links information go to the Options tab. In this exam the product is a workshop called Winter 2015 Study Strategies.
- In the Options Text Box type "Important Information" and click Enter. In the Text Box enter a list of dates with the list values created in your Option earlier as shown in the image below. Adding the schedule to the Important Information Option will ensure that the customer has a copy on their receipt as well as their selection.
- Next type the name of your newly created Option in the Options Text Box. In this example it is "Select your workshop".
- Make it Required.
- Click Add Option Value for each date you have in the Important Information Option.
- Ensure that each option value is different (Ex A, B, C, etc) as shown in the image below.
- Set the Quantity to the number of available seats for your course (ensure that the total of these quantities adds up to the quantity entered on the Data tab).
*the Receipt Information Option is for adding information the will only appear on the customer's receipt. In this example it was the Location of the workshop.
- Click Save. This is what your Product will look like to your customers.
The sort order of the drop down and the schedule can be changed to prevent the overlap that is appearing above.
How to View Purchased Product Information
- From the admin panel select Reports > Products > Purchased.
- Select Completed from the Order Status drop down and click Filter;
- To view a list of customers who purchased a product select the Purchaser List button. A CSV will download with a list of order id, first name, last name, and e-mails. This is useful if you are selling a course or a class and need an attendance list. If the list displays multiples of the same order this means that the product was included in the order multiple times (not just an increase in quantity).
- For detailed information about products purchased select the Selected Options by Order button. A CSV will download with a list of all orders that included this product. It will display the order number, the customer first and last name, the product options and what options were selected and the quantity of the product ordered.
Working with Downloads
Adding a Download to a New or Existing Product
- Navigate to Catalog > Downloads in the admin panel. Click the Insert Button.
- Enter a name for your Download. Select your Store from the Stores list and enter the number of times the customer can download this file after purchase.
- Then select the Upload button and select your file. Click Open. Then Click Save.
- Next Navigate to Catalog > Products. Click the Insert button or the Edit button of an existing product.
- Click the Links tab and scroll down to the Downloads list. Select all downloads that will be available to the customer after they purchase this product.
- Click Save. All customers who purchase this product or who have already purchased this product will have access to the download(s) in the Downloads section of their store account.
Updating an Existing Download
- Navigate to Catalog > Downloads in the admin panel. Click the Edit Button of the Download you would like to update.
- Click the Upload button and select your new file. Click Open.
- Then select the Push to Previous Customers checkbox.
- Click Save. This file has been updated for customers who purchase this product or who have already purchased this product.
- Navigate to Sales > Returns in the admin panel. You will see all of the Pending returns here. Select Awaiting Products from the Status filter to show all new return requests.
- Click Edit on the return you wish to complete.
- You will now see the return details tab. In some cases there may not be an order ID attached to the order. If there is no order ID you will need to locate the original order that purchased the product and enter the details here.
- Click on the Products tab.
- This tab is populated by the customer when they make their return request. The store administrator must verify this information (Returned quantity and reason).
- Based on the above information, the store administrator must now process the return as appropriate (Set status to complete, and return action).
- The store administrator must now log on the Moneris portal (https://www3.moneris.com/mpg/) and locate the batch ID for the current day, entering this then into the Current Batch ID field on the Products tab.
- While in the Moneris portal, the administrator must manually issue a refund. Contact Colette Stanton (email@example.com) for more information on this procedure.
- Enter the amount refunded via the Moneris portal in the Returned Funds field under the products tab.
- Click Save.
Processing Daily Batch
- Moneris closes their daily batch around 12:00AM EST. This means the batch closes for MST users around 9-10PM. MutliStore does not require the user to close the batch, just report the batch. To report a batch:
- Log in to the Moneris Portal at (https://www3.moneris.com/mpg/) and note the Batch ID number for the day you wish to report.
- Log in to the MultiStore admin console, click on Reports > Batch
- Enter the Batch ID from the Moneris portal and click filter.
- Copy these fields over to the relevant U of A central finance deposit book.
- If you need a deposit book or instructions on how to use the deposit book please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Generate Product QR Codes
- To generate a list of QR Codes for your products go to the admin panel then go to Catalog > Generate QR Codes.
- This will create a PDF document with a list of product names and their corresponding GR Codes.
*QR Codes are only generated for products that have UPC's (set in the Product Data Tab), that have a quantity greater than 0, and are enabled. Only currently available products with a upc will be added to the list.
- To print onto sticker labels use Avery 5160 Labels and ensure that Page Scaling is disabled.
Generate Conference Name Badges
- In the admin panel go to Reports > Products > Purchased.
- Conference Products will have a 3rd button in the Action Column called Generate Labels. Click it.
- A PDF is generated with attendee names and their schedules (for orders with a 'completed' status). If a product image is on the product it will also be included on each badge.
To print use Avery 5392 Name Badges and ensure that Page Scaling is disabled.
- No labels